NBA SUMMER LEAGUE | 07/2016-PRESENT
-Interviewed NBA players and coaches including Steve Kerr, Deandre Ayton, Damian Lillard, Devin Booker, Wendell Carter Jr., Dennis Smith Jr. (interview went viral on social media), Doc Rivers and more.
-Coordinated interviews with NBA teams’ public relations crew.
-Covered a variety of stories including NBA Summer League’s officiating program and the NBA Summer League Internship program.
-Worked at NBA All-Star weekend in LA doing standups and interviews.
-Filmed and edited some of my interviews.
-Filmed some game footage, highlights and celebrities at the NBA Summer League games for social media.
YURVIEW | 10/2017-PRESENT
-Cover Grand Canyon University Men’s Basketball for social media.
-Live Tweet, Instagram and Facebook during every home game.
-Film highlights during the game and post to social media.
-Write game recaps after every game.
-Interview players and coaches post game.
-Filmed and take pictures behind the scenes of a broadcast and of the GCU basketball experience including the loyal fan base (one of the best fan bases in the country) and what you can expect to see at a game.
THE NEVEL UP-DATE | 10/2017 – PRESENT
– Put together NBA recap videos every Monday.
-Produce, write, edit and host all of my 5-12 minute segments.
-Provide in-depth analysis with a quick wit, sense of humor and a splash of seriousness.
-Had special guests on my show like Deandre Ayton.
THE BIG 3 | 06/2017– PRESENT
– Work behind the scenes on a documentary for Rashad McCants, the first pick in the Big 3 draft in New York.
-Interview McCants, Gary Payton, Kenyon Martin and more.
-Interview LL Cool J, Kenny Smith, LaVar Ball and Chauncey Billups at the Big 3 in LA.
TPG SPORTS GROUP | 09/2012 – PRESENT
– Greet and help with registration for attendees at TPG’s Sports Career Conference, Masters in Coaching Clinic and Pro Scout School.
– Set up the event which included a lot of organization and strategy.
– Post pictures to social media during presentations.
– Interviewed speakers including ESPN Analyst Fran Fraschilla, NBA Correspondent Marc Stein, Charlotte Bobcats’ head coach Steve Clifford, Hall of Fame coach Bob Hurley Sr., and many more.
CBS SPORTS | 01/2015, 03/2017
– Worked NFL and Final Four.
– Greet and escort on-air talent.
– Set up and organize the production offices and equipment.
– Picked up and dropped off important documents in addition to running errands.
ADIDAS SUMMER CHAMPIONSHIPS | 07/2016
– Interviewed AAU basketball players at the adidas Summer Championships in Las Vegas.
– Interviewed NBA players including Marcus Smart and Denzel Valentine who made guest appearances there.
– Interviewed players, coaches and spectators at the adidas LVL3 event at Planet Hollywood.
– Also, did some of the activities offered at LVL3 for on-camera including trying on shoes, dunking and the James Harden experience.
NBA SUMMER LEAGUE | 07/2016
– Interviewed NBA players and coaches including Damian Lillard, Devin Booker, DeMarre Carroll, Bobby Portis, Tom Thibodeau, Fred Hoiberg and more.
– Filmed everything on a selfie stick and edited all of my interviews and highlights myself using Final Cut Pro X.
ESPNU CAMPUS CONNECTION | 08/2013 – 03/2014
– Covered basketball and football at the University of Arizona.
– Interviewed athletes, coaches and fans.
– Filmed games, practices and press conferences.
– Edited footage using Final Cut Pro X and submitted videos and packages to ESPNU.
– Used Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram to connect with fans and other media outlets.
CBS SPORTS | 01/2015 – PRESENT
-Work the Final Four and Super Bowl as a production assistant.
-Greet and escort on-air talent.
-Set up and organize the production offices and equipment.
-Assist on-air talent and production crews.
UNIVERSITY OF ARIZONA (GRADUATED) | 2009-2013
UA School of Journalism: Broadcast Journalism
Eller College of Management: Sports Management
Notable Coursework: Sports Administration and Planning, Sports Negotiation and Compliance, Sports Communication, Reporting the News, Principles of Multimedia, Editing, Fundamentals of Television Reporting and Production & Ethics.
On-camera, sideline reporting, filming, editing, writing, interviewing, and social media.
Social Media/Computer Skills: Final Cut Pro X, iMovie, Photoshop, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, DSLR cameras, and Social Media technology including Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram.
Spanish Language: Nine years of reading, writing, and speaking.
SPORTS JOURNALISM CLUB
PRESIDENT AND FOUNDER
Helped put more focus on sports journalism, which led to the first sports journalism class at Arizona.
Provided an educational platform for students who wanted to learn and enhance their sports journalism skills.
Served as a mentor and leader by promoting teamwork, professionalism and responsibility.