THE BIG 3 | 06/2017-PRESENT
– Work behind the scenes on a documentary for Rashad McCants, the first pick in the Big 3 draft.
– Conduct interviews with McCants, Gary Payton, Kenyon Martin and more.
FANRAG SPORTS | 04/2017-PRESENT
– Sports reporter for FanRags’ YouTube channel.
– Produces 6-10 videos per week discussing various topics around the NBA, NFL, MLB, NCAA, NHL and more.
MARICOPA COLLEGES TELEVISION | 08/2014 – PRESENT
– Reporter and producer for ‘Inside Maricopa Sports’ covering men’s and women’s basketball, football, baseball, softball and volleyball.
– Job entails coming up with original story ideas, game logging, interviewing, script writing, and putting together packages.
– Sideline reporter covering football and basketball and puts together highlights for weekly show ‘Gridiron’ and ‘In The Paint.’
COURTNEY KING FIT | 09/2016 – PRESENT
– Handles all of Courtney’s scheduling, appointments, meetings, appearances, photo-shoots, seminars, video shoots, contracts and social media.
– Handles all of Courtney’s personal emails and getting back to everyone in a timely manner.
– On the clock 24.7 to take care of last minute changes Courtney makes.
– Reach out to magazines, TV stations, news outlets, companies, etc. for sponsorships and/or publicity.
– Makes sure Courtney is following her contracts and posting to social media consistently.
– Create a rundown and schedule 3 months in advance for all of her responsibilities.
– Handle some of the marketing strategies in order to reach out to her followers and schedule all of them ahead of time.
– Make sure graphics are done correctly in terms of format, grammar, logos, etc.
– Organize every contact and documents received in a folder on computer and print everything out to have another copy on file.
– Write blog posts, films and edits videos.
TPG SPORTS GROUP | 09/2012 – PRESENT
– Greet and help with registration for attendees at TPG’s Sports Career Conference, Masters in Coaching Clinic and Pro Scout School.
– Set up the event which included a lot of organization and strategy.
– Post pictures to social media during presentations.
– Interviewed speakers including ESPN Analyst Fran Fraschilla, NBA Correspondent Marc Stein, Charlotte Bobcats’ head coach Steve Clifford, Hall of Fame coach Bob Hurley Sr., and many more.
CBS SPORTS | 01/2015, 03/2017
– Worked NFL and Final Four.
– Greet and escort on-air talent.
– Set up and organize the production offices and equipment.
– Picked up and dropped off important documents in addition to running errands.
ADIDAS SUMMER CHAMPIONSHIPS | 07/2016
– Interviewed AAU basketball players at the adidas Summer Championships in Las Vegas.
– Interviewed NBA players including Marcus Smart and Denzel Valentine who made guest appearances there.
– Interviewed players, coaches and spectators at the adidas LVL3 event at Planet Hollywood.
– Also, did some of the activities offered at LVL3 for on-camera including trying on shoes, dunking and the James Harden experience.
NBA SUMMER LEAGUE | 07/2016
– Interviewed NBA players and coaches including Damian Lillard, Devin Booker, DeMarre Carroll, Bobby Portis, Tom Thibodeau, Fred Hoiberg and more.
– Filmed everything on a selfie stick and edited all of my interviews and highlights myself using Final Cut Pro X.
ESPNU CAMPUS CONNECTION | 08/2013 – 03/2014
– Covered basketball and football at the University of Arizona.
– Interviewed athletes, coaches and fans.
– Filmed games, practices and press conferences.
– Edited footage using Final Cut Pro X and submitted videos and packages to ESPNU.
– Used Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram to connect with fans and other media outlets.
NEVEL UP PODCAST | 02/2015 – PRESENT
– Commentates on various topics around the NBA and other sports.
– Interviews professionals including NBA player Solomon Hill, ESPN reporters Amin Elhassan and Arash Markazi, Atlanta Hawks announcer Bob Rathbun, Chicago Bulls radio broadcaster Chuck Swirsky, NBA Strategic Skills Coach and Consultant Drew Hanlen, and Pacers beat reporter Candace Buckner.
UNIVERSITY OF ARIZONA (GRADUATED) | 2009-2013
UA School of Journalism: Broadcast Journalism
Eller College of Management: Sports Management
Notable Coursework: Sports Administration and Planning, Sports Negotiation and Compliance, Sports Communication, Reporting the News, Principles of Multimedia, Editing, Fundamentals of Television Reporting and Production & Ethics.
On-camera, sideline reporting, filming, editing, writing, interviewing, and social media.
Social Media/Computer Skills: Final Cut Pro X, iMovie, Photoshop, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, DSLR cameras, and Social Media technology including Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram.
Spanish Language: Nine years of reading, writing, and speaking.
SPORTS JOURNALISM CLUB
PRESIDENT AND FOUNDER
Helped put more focus on sports journalism, which led to the first sports journalism class at Arizona.
Provided an educational platform for students who wanted to learn and enhance their sports journalism skills.
Served as a mentor and leader by promoting teamwork, professionalism and responsibility.